It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 pm

Cardiff restaurants and cafes

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

MattW

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm

The long standing vacant unit formerly Rosie's Bar in the Red Dragon Centre is being fitted out at the moment to become Volcano Japanese Restaurant selling sushi & noodles etc.

Thewasp

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 8:17 pm

I thought the Red Dragon Centre was due to be knocked down fairly soon to make way for the new music venue?

Lewisbeecham

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 8:18 am

Thewasp wrote:I thought the Red Dragon Centre was due to be knocked down fairly soon to make way for the new music venue?

Potential that it won't be knocked down and arena built to the side. If it is knocked down surely they'll get grandfather rights for a lease in the new one? Or perhaps they have a short lease of 2-3 years?

elgdav

PostMon Dec 30, 2019 4:06 pm

Got No Beef - vegan restaurant

Recently opened on Barrack lane

Amoore

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Parc Lane Fish & Chips on Queen Street has closed down.

Lewisbeecham

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Amoore wrote:Parc Lane Fish & Chips on Queen Street has closed down.

Surprising that place always did well and had plenty of marketing with their deep fried chocolate.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 6:08 pm

I noticed this yesterday but there was a sign mentioning refurbishment - mind you that sign wasn't there today? if they're gone, I'm gonna miss my occasional cone of chips and splash of curry sauce! sometimes after browsing in Jessops!! :( My life is empty :lol:
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Amoore

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Apparently it was a rent review which caused them to throw the towel in. I'm guessing the landlords realised the value that has been added by the planning permission and late licence the shop managed to get (after a long and presumably expensive battle).

I imagine it would take a lot of splashes of curry sauce to keep an outlet in that location going anyway. The rates can't be cheap. I often wonder how long KFC Queen Street will last as it's not consistently busy by any means, but they've refurbished recently so it must be doing okay.

lucky

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 8:36 pm

KFC Queen Street has the most spectacularly and consistently bad reviews on JustEat (or it could be Deliveroo, I'm not sure) of any food outlet in Cardiff.

Ash

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 am

Amoore wrote:Apparently it was a rent review which caused them to throw the towel in. I'm guessing the landlords realised the value that has been added by the planning permission and late licence the shop managed to get (after a long and presumably expensive battle).

A bit shortsighted on the landlord's behalf, I'd have thought. Rents on Queen street must be in steep decline at the moment. Any tenant is better than none.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum